A good profile is super important to your success. I already spoke about the online dating statistic that showed 97% of men quit online dating within the first three months. At first, I didn’t believe that. After viewing some of the online dating profiles you guys have emailed me, this shit makes perfect sense. I understand why women don’t respond to your messages. Let’s look at one of the profiles someone emailed me the other day:
“I’m honest and open-minded. Funny and laid back. I like to hangout with my friends, go to the gym, watch movies and try new things. I also like to travel, I’ve been to Mexico, Las Vegas and a few other places. I also like to cook, I love dogs and I give good massages. If you like my profile we should meet for a drink and see what happens.”
Ok, where is the rest of his profile? This profile is simple and average. That is a BIG problem. This would not excite any woman reading it. It is plain, straightforward and just list interest and achievements. It doesn’t create any kind of emotional connection with women. Your profile must show women that you have the traits they look for in a man. Notice I said “show” not tell. Let me help you guys step your profile game up. Here are a few things women look for in a man’s profile.
1. A Sense of Humor- Saying “I’m funny” doesn’t count for shit. A majority of women’s profiles will say, “You must have a sense of humor”, “If you can make me laugh I will love you”. You need to actually display a sense of humor in your profile. Here is an example directly from my profile: “What would you find in my house: An open bottle of red wine, sushi, spicy mayo, photos of my friends & family, goose bump novels, Origami paper, tennis racquets, Mets and Giants gear, maps of my next holiday destination and S’more brownies.”
2. Spelling and Grammar- Good spelling and grammar are a sign of intelligence and education, two prized traits for women. I still can’t believe the amount of spelling and grammar errors I see in profiles. All you really have to do is write your profile in Microsoft word and let that do most of the work for you. You don’t need to know how to write the perfect sentence, but you need to know the difference between there, they’re and their. My profile headline used to say: I know the difference between there, they’re and their. Women would always make a reference to this when they messaged me.
3. External Interest- Women love a man who cares about life outside himself, and takes interest or action in social, political, or environment concerns. Writing about your love of the local sports team doesn’t count, you need to show that you care for something above and beyond. If you want to write about sports, do it the mackish way. Another example from my profile: I love tennis and have been a fan since I was young. Last week I showed my neighbor’s 5-year-old son to serve and hit a forehand for the first time. My neighbor says that he’s now sleeping with the racquet I gave him.” Any women reading this will see that I care about more than just myself.
4. Your’re A MAN- Women love a manly man. If you can describe that in your profile, you’ll become more attractive to her. Repairing cars, doing outdoor things, or anything that can show your masculine traits. You can even show women how confident you are. Unfortunately, repairing your Xbox 360 doesn’t count. Another example from my profile: “I’m not short of confidence; I have no problems making the first move, taking what I want. Kissing you in the middle of the street, on a traffic island with cars racing past would be our first kiss…maybe.” This shows my confidence and dominance. Women love this in a man.
5. Profile Effort- It shouldn’t surprise you that women like when men actually write more than three sentences in their profile. This shows that you are willing to put effort into what you do. Look at the profile that guy sent me. It shows zero effort. Anyone can write that. Most of the profiles I see from guys are usually just like that. Women will only assume that if you won’t put effort in to profile, you probably won’t put effort into anything else. It may not be the truth, but that’s just how it looks.
I want you guys to use this list, go over your profile again and make sure your profile displays everything on this list. Again, your profile should be exciting, different, and funny as possible. Your profile should make her laugh, make her curious to know more about you and make her realize that if she doesn’t date you, other women will. I knew my profile was good when I started to receive random messages from women. “Wow, just wow”, “You seem almost too good to be true”, “You sounds amazing”, “WHO ARE YOU?!?!?! :)” All I could do was laugh at this. That is like the ultimate ego boost. This is something all of you can and will do. Remember, once you get your profile down, you will be light years ahead of your competition.